- All rides must be booked in using our scheduling system at: pghorsesociety.skedda.com
- Please sign in - This is mandatory.
- All riders must have current HCBC insurance.
- Maximum six (6) riders are permitted on the arena floor at any one time..
- Helmets are mandatory for all riders under the age of 19 and for all jumping. It is recommended that all riders wear approved helmets.
- All children under the age of 16 must have adult supervision while riding.
- All children under the age of 12 must have adult supervision.
- The rider must be in control of their horse at all times.
- No galloping or excessive speed at any time. We do not want anyone to be hurt.
- A ride is considered no longer than one (1) hour. Each ride is considered one (1) horse, one (1) rider. Only a maximum of two (2) horses per rider will be allowed. No ponying of horses.
- Tying and grooming is allowed only in the holding area; poop ‘n scoop rule applies to all areas of the Agriplex grounds.
- All dogs must be on a leash & under control, and dogs are not permitted in the arenas.
- Abuse of animals will not be tolerated, and will be reported.
- Be courteous and polite to all riders and instructors.
- Instruction is permitted during open riding times by PGHS registered instructors only.
- If you are working on a circle, keep to the inside of the arena and leave a safe distance for other horses to work the rail.
- When working on the rail, always pass lefthand to left-hand.
- Do not stop on the rail for talking or visiting.
- Maintain a safe distance (minimum 2 horse lengths).
- Let other riders know what you are doing.
- Free-running of horses allowed indoor arena only when the floor is empty, with the permission of all other users present.
- Lunging is permitted only:
- When there are not more than three (3) other riders in the arena prior to the lunging.
- When jumping lessons are not taking place.
- For a maximum of twenty (20) minutes.
- One (1) horse at a time being lunged.
- Lunge whips are not to be cracked.
- Please read the Code of Conduct. All users are expected to abide by the rules set forth.
Drop In Riders
- If a drop-in rider brings more than one horse, stalls in draft barns are available for complimentary short-term use. Contact the office to make arrangements.
- The rider is responsible for cleaning.
- A fee will be charged for stalls that are not cleaned. Must be signed and checked by staff.
Equipment Days: Riders are responsible for putting away equipment when finished riding. Rentals take precedence.
Jumping (maximum 4 jumps) is allowed all day Mondays & Tuesdays. Fridays have been added temporarily.
Dressage setup is allowed Wednesdays all day.
Barrels are allowed Thursdays all day, placed minimum 20’ from wall.
Boarders Only riding time may fluctuate. Mandatory 20 hours per week will be set aside for indoor arena only during winter months; please view online calendar for latest times.
Reining: Reining practice is permitted on Fridays from 8 - 10 pm.